Thursday, January 13, 2005

The moral is...I just want to rant about my day!

How do I describe what we have seen today? I do believe James called it, "Back Woods." The teacher we spoke to at our second school, who lived in Petaluma, CA until she was in her late 20s, described it as "rustic." She compared it to Oklahoma saying that California was "manicured." What I think she ment was people don't throw their trash EVERYWHERE in California.

Ok, listen people. If you think about scheduling out program at your school, please do what is asked of you! It's not like we ask that much. Our show does not work as well when the kids sit in the bleechers. Hello! We've done this enough to know what works and what does not. Thank you! It drives me crazy when people don't allow their students to get the best show possible.

Our second show today was a nightmare. (The school referred to in the audio blog.) On one side of the gym was a few rows of regular bleechers and on the other side was the side were they keep score, etc. There was a big wooden desk type structure and a set of bars that ran the entire length of the gym.

Our show is VERY interactive. If we are isolated from the kids as we were today, our show doesn't work very well. Change is ok, people. Really, I promise. It will be ok to do things differently for once.

As I am sure you have figured out, the kids sat on the OTHER SIDE. AHHHHH! It drives me crazy.

Ok, one more thing to rant about. James and I went to GOODWILL today. I found an awesome sweater I liked. $5! What, I don't think so. That really wasn't that big of a deal, I just like a good deal. The big deal was that they had very few t-shirts and the ones they did have were $4.25. If I wanted overpriced used clothes, I wouldn't go to Salvation Army or Goodwill.

What is going on with Goodwill anyway. Has anyone been to one of the "fancy" Goodwills? It's rediculous! What's happening?!!

Bekah

No comments: