Saturday, February 26, 2005

The moral is...keep waiting!

Finally a phone call from the director this week. We haven't returned his phone call yet because we still don't know what to do.

I tend to think that things happen for a reason. Most major decisions in my life have been pretty clear to me when it was the correct time to make them. That's not saying the decisions were easy to make, fate or god or whatever you may or may not believe in, made it clear that there was a clear path to take.

The waiting is the hardest part. Trial and error, trial and error and then I start to question if a path will be layed out for me. And sure enough, right when you feel like giving up, the signs are there.

We are still waiting.

The problem we face now is the money. We would love to go back out on the road. It is going to be hard to explain to them that we can afford to. It really isn't their problem though. Once again we have no money.

Alright, let's think this through. We decide to go out on the road. We make no money for another few weeks until it is time to go out. How do we put gas in our car to get to our first show? How do we pay for a hotel? Ok let's say we sleep in the car...how do we eat? And then we don't get payed until Wed or Thurs. And then part of our check goes to filling in the negative numbers in our bank account. Then we start a new week of trying to eat, sleep and put gas in the car.

We already owe for repairs done to our car. I'm sure he would be willing to give us an advance to get back out on the road. While that sounds fine and dandy...ask yourself how many jobs have you taken that have left you in debt. It's just not right. I'm not going to be more in debt at the end of this than when we began. Well, that's not true. I am. But I refuse to include even more money into the picture so those jokers can start making money again.

It sounds like I am whining again. I'm sorry! Thanks for still reading! I just want to keep everyone up to date on the Aesop's Fables adventures!

Bekah

No comments: